Director, Financial Systems
The Director, Financial Systems will lead the strategic design, implementation, and continuous improvement of Finance technology systems that support the Finance team and overall organization. This role is important for transforming data into insights that inspire decision-making and support business objectives related to timely and accurate financial planning, internal and external financial reporting, and SOX compliance.
You will report directly to our Senior Director, Finance Operations, and be based in our New York City office.
You'll Get To…
- Develop and implement a comprehensive strategy for the ongoing enhancement and optimization of Adaptive, NetSuite, Coupa, and other critical financial systems to align with organizational goals in partnership with internal stakeholders
- You will lead the oversight and process improvement related to Finance tools, including creating and driving an adoption strategy for new and existing tools to create a scalable roadmap
- Lead, and manage projects and the system development life cycle; review, clarify, and/or test deliverables; work with the Finance team to define requirements, conduct needs analysis, determine project specifications, identify solutions, and implement recommendations
- Manage relationships with Finance technology third-party vendors
- Lead the Finance systems integration during mergers and acquisitions, ensuring the seamless merging of disparate Finance systems, databases, and processes
- Partner with our Engineering team on enhancements to our home-grown billing and revenue recognition systems
- Manage accurate design and execution of key internal controls over financial systems
- Collaborate with Engineering, Legal, and Internal Control teams to ensure a unified approach to data security, business continuity, and compliance across the organization
- Promote continuous improvement through automation and process transformation
- Develop and maintain all documentation related to financial systems
- Build and coach a team as we scale
Who We're Looking For
- 10+ years of experience in Finance systems, with at least 5 in a leadership role in a global company
- Minimum 5+ years' leadership experience managing strategic initiatives and programs
- Prior experience being a liaison between finance and engineering departments with experience driving excellence through end-to-end ownership and collaboration
- Detail-oriented with experience implementing and optimizing global technology systems, including NetSuite, Adaptive, and Coupa and other key business systems.
- Strong knowledge of Accounting, FP&A and internal control activities, with a process improvement mindset
- The ability to drive organizational change through partnership with operational and business leadership
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefit
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
Cash Compensation Range: $203,500 - $285,000 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, and location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
Squarespace (NYSE: SQSP) is a design-driven platform helping entrepreneurs build brands and businesses online. We empower millions of customers in more than 200 countries and territories with all the tools they need to create an online presence, build an audience, monetize, and scale their business. Our suite of products range from websites, domains, ecommerce, and marketing tools, as well as tools for scheduling with Acuity, creating and managing social media presence with Bio Sites and Unfold, and hospitality business management via Tock. Our team of more than 1,700 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Chicago, Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal, and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information about our company culture, visit www.squarespace.com/about/careers.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate and consistent during the hiring process.