Senior Product Marketing Manager
Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking a Senior Product Marketing Manager to lead some of our largest cross-functional initiatives that drive incremental revenue. This includes customer and engagement initiatives, such as referral and loyalty programs, as well as the strategy for testing new prices, promotions, and product offerings.
In this role, you will partner closely with various cross-functional stakeholders in marketing, sales, rev operations, and brand to identify gaps and opportunities in existing programs and ensure the successful rollout of new ones.
You will report to the VP of Brand Marketing and you will use your experience to align with senior leadership to develop product marketing roadmaps and execute around those plans. You understand market trends, the competitive landscape, and have experience applying those to positively influence internal teams and external partners.
- Analytical: can dissect complex data to pull relevant insights
- Communicative: excellent writer and storyteller
- Organized: strong prioritization skills with high attention to detail
- Self-starting: an entrepreneurial learner and problem solver
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and execute the go-to-market strategy for Starry’s biggest revenue drivers–like new plan pricing, new products, referral programs—within our DTC and B2B businesses
- Build national promotions and facilitate backend product updates in partnership with channel leads
- Lead the wider Marketing team in creating innovative mini-campaigns that drive awareness and increase acquisition
- Identity opportunities for improvements and optimize existing and new acquisition and retention programs
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders from rev ops, marketing, sales, engineering, creative, and customer care to ensure alignment on marketing goals
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis programs to identify market trends, customer needs, and opportunities for growth
- Drive customer research to support the creation of customer segmentation, better understand our users, and be able to represent their voices
- Collaborate with Sales and the broader Marketing team to develop content and collateral that effectively communicates Starry’s value to target audiences
- Track and measure marketing results and make recommendations for improvement
- Own the product launch roadmap, including product launch timelines and plans
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and best practices
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing, with a proven track record of success in B2B and B2C marketing.
- A strong understanding of marketing principles and best practices.
- Experience with data analysis and marketing attribution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proven experience in product storytelling and advocating for excellent consumer experience
- Expert knowledge of competitive services and new offerings in the marketplace
- Strong analytical skills, revenue orientation, and an uncompromising attention to detail
- Ability to work with highly detailed and technical materials, economic analysis, and customer experience propositions
Bonus Points For:
- Startup or agency background
- Experience with Looker, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, SQL
- Experience in consumer-facing subscription based service companies; revenue driving positions and/or telecommunications experience
Salary range of $120,000 to $130,000. Final salary will be based on a variety of factors, including experience, education, and training.
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
All full time Starry employees receive:
- Generous employer contribution for you and your dependents on low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.