Studs is an experiential retail and e-commerce brand that has re-imagined the ear piercing experience by offering consultative and expert needle piercing services, combined with a wide assortment of accessibly priced, on-trend earrings.
STUDS is seeking an Associate Manager, Accounting to join our growing team based out of our NYC office. Reporting to the Senior Accountant, this role will work cross-functionally supporting our omnichannel business, with an expanding e-commerce AND retail business. This is a unique opportunity to be on the ground floor of creating and implementing process improvements. We are looking for a team player who is ready to think strategically, act with integrity, and have fun while doing it.
Salary Range: $80,000-$100,000
- Assist in accounting function, including but not limited to:
- accounts payable entry and reconciliation, ensuring accurate AP subledger
- cash management including Bank Reconciliations
- inventory reconciliations
- other asset and accrual balance sheet reconciliations
- Support the month-end close processes, including preparing journal entries and supporting reconciliations
- Working cross functionally to enter information into company files or databases, ensuring that all financial records are complete and accurate.
- Assist with monthly analytics to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial statements including reconciling, researching, and resolving discrepancies
- Assist with tax return preparation and annual financial audit
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Experience with QuickBooks and other ERP systems
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and familiarity with G-Suite
- Attention to detail and the ability to analyze large amounts of data
- Experience with multi-unit, inventory business
- Driven, creative problem solver that consistently acts with integrity and speaks up
- Owner’s mindset, with the ability to approach feedback and problems with a positive attitude.
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as 401k
- Flexible Work Environment (3 days in office, 2 days work from home)
- 4 weeks accrued Paid Time Off, 7 days accrued Sick Time, 11 paid holidays, and 4 Quarterly Wellness Days (where the whole team takes time off together to recharge)
- Three months of paid Parental Leave (biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible)
- A paid sabbatical after four years of full-time service
- Exclusive employee piercing and jewelry discounts (plus discounts for friends and family)