InfoSec Assurance Associate/ Auditor (LATAM)
Working at Thoropass
Thoropass makes it as easy to do the right thing as it is to check a box. Our team members believe that partnership lightens the load. Not everyone can be an expert at everything – lending each other support in areas of weakness strengthens everyone’s offering. We collaborate openly and enthusiastically, without ego. Thoropass makes it as easy to do the right thing as it is to check a box.
What We Do
At Thoropass, we’re compliance experts, so you don’t have to be. Pairing easy software that’s always getting smarter with expert guidance and continuous monitoring, we integrate into your process to prepare you to pass any audit every year with flying colors. Hundreds of growing companies use Thoropass’s compliance automation platform, expert services, auditors, and partner ecosystem to get and stay compliant over the lifetime of their business. We offer SOC 2, ISO 27001, GDPR, HIPAA, PCI DSS, and other InfoSec and privacy frameworks.
We are a rapidly expanding team based in New York. We were founded in May 2019 and raised our Series C funding in November 2022. Our top investors include J.P. Morgan, PayPal Ventures, Fin Capital, Centana, and Bain Capital. We're growing customers and revenue dramatically, and we’re poised for continued break-out growth in 2023 and beyond.
About the job:
The future of information security assurance is here.
Thoropass is looking for a cloud expert to join our InfoSec Assurance team.
You will be working with a world-class team of information security and compliance experts, where you will help our customers demonstrate information security best practices against sought-after Infosec frameworks.
If you strongly dislike the manually intensive audit process and are convinced there is a better way, this opportunity is for you.
What You'll Do
- Work directly with customers in the cloud to verify security controls based on sought-after information security frameworks
- Translate security and compliance requirements into actionable cloud tasks for team members to execute
- Test and review implemented cloud configurations based on established security and privacy frameworks
- Propose novel ideas for product features and ops improvements or opportunities for automation to empower a better customer experience
- Most importantly: help Thoropass reimagine the information security audit experience
- 1-2 years of progressive information security experience
- 1-2 years of experience supporting cloud architecture, design, implementation, operations, and automation in AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Cloud native certification or desire to pursue (ex. AWS Solutions Architect, GCP Professional Cloud Architect, etc.).
- Motivated self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexible and adaptable
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Team-oriented with an ability to work well independently
- Competitive base salary
- Private healthcare
- Early equity in a fast-growing company
- Hybrid work-from-home model (optional office days)
- Unlimited PTO
- Home office equipment
- Monthly wellness and home Wi-Fi stipend
*Note: This position is based in Costa Rica.
Thoropass provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Even if you feel you don’t meet every requirement, consider applying! Thoropass acknowledges the research which shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs when they don’t meet all of the stated qualifications. However, we’re looking for authentic innovators to blaze new trails and you just may be the right person for this or another role.