Senior Staff iOS Engineer - Consumer Experience
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, September 8, 2023
About The TeamThe Consumer Experience team’s goal is to help Uber become the “operating system” for urban life. This means helping expand customers’ perception of Uber from a place you go to get a Ride, to a place you go to go anywhere and get anything. We’re a product-platform team, responsible for both core experiences, and the platforms that enable teams to plug into them.On the product side, we’re responsible for driving new ways of interacting with Uber - like new contextual homescreen experiences to introduce people to planning and commute. On the platform side we’re building self serve systems that enable verticals to plug into these surfaces and reach the right Uber customers in the right context. About The RoleAs a Mobile Sr Staff Engineer, you’ll provide technical leadership to all mobile engineers at Uber and influence product strategy on our flagship Uber app, that directly impacts millions of lives each day.This is a unique opportunity for a seasoned engineer and strong collaborator who can work with talented people in product, design, data science, operations, and engineering to help build our next-generation consumer experience products. It’s a very high impact role where you will interface with all major product & platform teams at Uber. The role requires strong communication, leadership and technical chops. You enjoy building solutions and guiding others equally passionately. You Will
- Provide technical leadership to a passionate, experienced, and diverse engineering team. Design and build the next major generations of the flagship Uber app.
- Develop an excellent understanding of Uber’s business strategy and goals, and the Rider org’s product and design goals. You will be one of our key leaders expected to identify and solve our highest impact, highly complex problems.
- See the big picture and identify inefficiencies and opportunities for meaningful improvements across the entire Rider org and Uber as a whole. Drive alignment on how to tackle these and lead the delivery of high leverage solutions for them to have the widest impact.
- Raise the bar to make Uber engineering truly best-in-class by improving best practices, producing exemplary code, documentation, automated tests and thorough and precise monitoring.
- Sr Staff level engineers at Uber are exceptional mentors. They are trusted advisors for both team members and leaders alike.
- PhD or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field AND 4-years full-time Software Engineering work experience OR 10 -years full-time Software Engineering work experience, WHICH INCLUDES 4-years total technical software engineering experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience with iOS application development (Swift, ObjectiveC).
- Familiarity with modern mobile frameworks (Rx, IoC/DI, analytics, A/B testing, etc) and tools (e.g. build systems like Bazel).
- Note the 4-years total of specialized software engineering experience may have been gained through education and full-time work experience, additional training, coursework, research, or similar (OR some combination of these). The years of specialized experience are not necessarily in addition to the years of Education & full-time work experience indicated.
- Demostrated experience in successfully designing and building large engineering projects, including launching more than one generation of a Mobile application to millions of users.