Sr Software Engineer - PKI
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
The security organization at Uber is dedicated to enabling safe and secure innovation while protecting the communities we serve both online and in the physical world. Our teams are responsible for protecting both people and their data across intersections of the digital and physical world. The primary objective of the Uber Engineering Security team is to enable the technical ambitions of the company while maintaining the highest standards of security and privacy for our customers and partners. As cybersecurity threats evolve, so do we. About The RoleCore Security Engineering’s mission is to make the Uber environment secure by default and provide industry-leading products and services to all Uber''s production services and infrastructure. We are focused on building both security primitives and end-user products that help Uber engineers to secure their service, build trust, and advance security to enable our global business.We are looking for a Sr Software Engineer with cryptography domain expertise to join our Identity and Access Management Team. We are responsible for providing and managing Identity, Encryption key material for all of Uber’s services. You’ll work on critical distributed multi-cloud services at a massive scale built with best security practices at the forefront.You’ll be responsible for long-term decisions on leveraging next gen infra to continuously scale and operate such foundational security services. What You’ll DoYou will be joining a team responsible for Identity and Access Management at Uber scale and have an opportunity to work on:
- Cryptography services.
- Public Key Infrastructure.
- Tools responsible for human and device identity lifecycle management.
- Architecture, Implementation, and scaling of Certification Authorities, Validation Authorities, and Registration Authority roles.
- Device, User Certificate life cycle management.
- Design and implement resilient and reliable mico services to support create, manage, distribute and recycle digital certificates.
- Build scalable cryptographic systems that support NIST, FIPS, SOX and HIPPA compliance requirements for X.509 and key management services
- Provide interoperability with enrollment services and LDAP directories
- 5+ years of experience in Tools and Technology development in cryptography, Public Key Infrastructure, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a backend development role participating in the SDLC (coding, design/architecture, testing, etc).
- Expertise in C++, C#, Golang, Java, or Python.
- Deep understanding of Infrastructure security spanning across public cloud and on-premise environments.
- Developing and managing tooling required for Certification Authority, Validation Authority, and Registration Authority roles.
- Certificate life cycle management.
- Deep domain-level knowledge of PKI and able to deliver design and architecture models to mature the environment.
- Experience in Microservices Architecture.
- Experience with Front end and Backend software development.
- Extensive experience (5+ years) designing and implementing large enterprise-grade systems that scale to the business requirements.
- Domain expertise in Single-sign-on and MultiFactor Authentication systems.
- Experience in developing tooling for Identity and Access Management.