Sr. Product Designer, Analytics
Vimeo is looking to hire a Senior Product Designer to join our Analytics team. This role will be responsible for ensuring customers and businesses of all types are successful in understanding performance insights for a wide range of video content. It will be your job to understand the day-to-day needs of teams and organizations, how they utilize video content for their business, and what analytics data they need to help shape ongoing content creation. You’ll be focused on building reporting, analytics, and data visualization features that will support the entirety of the Vimeo product ecosystem.
We need a pragmatic, detailed-minded designer with a strong desire to create amazing products! Someone who has a strong visual point of view and loves working quickly to generate many different ideas. You should thrive on close collaboration with a cross-functional team and be prepared to lead the way in reimagining how we make the power of video accessible to everyone.
What you’ll do:
- Drive design and vision for our best-in-class video analytics tools and dashboards to enable creators to understand the impact of their content. Create Data visualizations that are inspirational and supportive of customer needs.
- Work with your Product, Engineering and Marketing partners to launch and iterate premium product features and experiences across web and mobile platforms.
- Design from the concept phase all the way to product release and beyond by crafting high level user flows, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and prototypes.
- Work with our Consumer Insights and Data team to directly engage with users and translate quantitative data and qualitative insights into informed design decisions and new product concepts.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 4+ years of experience as a product designer, user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role with accompanying experience in visual/graphic design.
- Strong proficiency in designing and representing data visually, as well as selecting the appropriate visualization method to communicate complex data sets.
- Familiarity with industry standard UX practices and methods, as well as well-rounded ability to read data from modern analytics and dashboard SaaS products.
- Ability to drive design concepts from business strategy discussions through to day-to-day hands-on design execution.
- Excellent user-centered design skills - you have a deep understanding of design fundamentals with a strong proficiency in Figma/Sketch and modern prototyping tools.
- Excellent communication skills - can clearly articulate your design vision and rationale through verbal and written explanation to any audience ranging from fellow designers to the leadership team.
- Ability to be autonomous - takes initiative and ownership of projects while collaborating with cross-functional partners and other designers.
- Recent portfolio or samples of web / native app product design work informed by quantitative or qualitative user research as well as the process that led to their launch.
Bonus points (nice skills to have, but not needed):
- Experience with video analytics is a substantial plus
Targeted Base Salary Range: $116,000 to $169,000
The base salary range listed above is for candidates located in the U.S., including the New York City metro area.
At Vimeo, we strive to hire and nurture amazing talent across the globe. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to experience, specialized skills, internal alignment and a candidate’s home base.
Base salary is just one component of Vimeo’s total rewards philosophy. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that appeal to the variety of needs across our diverse employee base! Other rewards may include bonus or commission, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), paid time off, generous 401k match, wellbeing resources, and more.
Vimeo (NASDAQ:VMEO) is the world’s most innovative video experience platform. We enable anyone to create high-quality video experiences to connect better and bring ideas to life. We proudly serve our growing community of nearly 300 million users — from creative storytellers to globally distributed teams at the world’s largest companies. Learn more at www.vimeo.com.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity, and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.