Director, Sales, OTT
Vimeo OTT is an industry-leading platform that lets content owners launch a Netflix-like video streaming service with ease. We power thousands of streaming services with millions of viewers using our apps on the web as well as native mobile and TV platforms. Vimeo is looking for an experienced Director of Sales to focus on acquiring and growing Vimeo’s OTT (over-the-top) customers, reporting to the SVP / GM of OTT.
As Director, you will manage a team of quota-carrying Account Executives responsible for selling the Vimeo OTT product globally. You will be responsible for driving operational efficiencies across your team and building a strategy focused on revenue growth for the OTT product pillar. You should have strong interpersonal skills, a desire to help customers achieve their business goals, and a strong ability to find and develop talent.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for all new business for Vimeo OTT
- Lead, coach and motivate your team to achieve their sales quotas
- Define a strategy focused on prospecting new customers and revenue growth
- Proactively manage opportunity pipeline to meet monthly and quarterly targets
- Work directly with leading brands and media companies, from SMBs to larger entities, to help them address their video streaming business needs
- Accurately forecast new business
- Maintain CRM data and pipeline within Salesforce.com
- Understand customer and market trends
- Support the RFI/RFP process by providing responses to business requirements
- Serve as a key member of the Vimeo OTT leadership team
- Collaborate with other teams, including Product, Engineering, Solutions, Sales Ops and Finance
- Develop, share and maintain an in-depth knowledge of all key competitors
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 10+ years of account-based selling in the SaaS space
- 7+ years of experience leading sales teams
- Experience managing SDRs is a plus
- Direct experience selling in the OTT and Video Monetization space, including specific experience selling subscription streaming services (SVOD) products.
- Strong verbal and written communication, time management, organizational as well as presentation skills
- Track record of exceeding quotas
- Thorough working knowledge of sales tools, including Gong and Salesforce
- Comfort with a fluid, fast-paced environment and navigating matrixed organizations
- Passion for problem solving with a roll-up-your sleeves demeanor
Targeted Base Salary Range: $137,000 to $185,000
The base salary range listed above is for candidates located in the U.S., including the New York City metro area.
At Vimeo, we strive to hire and nurture amazing talent across the globe. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to experience, specialized skills, internal alignment and a candidate’s home base.
Base salary is just one component of Vimeo’s total rewards philosophy. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that appeal to the variety of needs across our diverse employee base! Other rewards may include bonus or commission, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), paid time off, generous 401k match, wellbeing resources, and more.
Vimeo (NASDAQ:VMEO) is the world’s most innovative video experience platform. We enable anyone to create high-quality video experiences to connect better and bring ideas to life. We proudly serve our growing community of nearly 300 million users — from creative storytellers to globally distributed teams at the world’s largest companies. Learn more at www.vimeo.com.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity, and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.