Associate Product Counsel
Vimeo is looking for a lawyer with deep technology experience who can partner with our Product, Engineering, and Marketing groups. This role will be responsible for driving continuous improvement to Vimeo’s legal and privacy programs by operationalizing regulatory requirements, creating internal resources, and improving operational efficiency. This role will also serve as a key coordinator with various other stakeholders such as Security and Compliance.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and support cross-functional projects related to product review, legal compliance, data governance, data protection, and privacy by design.
- Operationalize new legal and privacy requirements and standards in light of evolving laws, standards, and best practices.
- Support the completion of Privacy Impact Assessments, product review memoranda, and other required internal documentation.
- Coordinate implementation of new controls, notices, and disclosures required to comply with legal and privacy requirements.
- Conduct audits of existing products and features to ensure compliance with applicable law.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Admitted to practice law in NY (or have the ability to be admitted as authorized in-house counsel in NY).
- 3+ years of practice; some in-house experience preferred.
- Well versed with SaaS/cloud technology.
- Experience in privacy compliance, audit, or project management.
- Working knowledge of consumer protection laws and data privacy regulations including GDPR, CCPA, and VPPA.
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams to achieve ambitious goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail, influencing and problem resolution skills.
- Privacy certifications (CIPP-E, CIPP-US, CIPM), or willingness to obtain one within the first 6 months of employment.
Targeted Base Salary Range: $137,000.00 to 155,000.00
The base salary range listed above is for candidates located in the U.S., including the New York City metro area.
At Vimeo, we strive to hire and nurture amazing talent across the globe. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to experience, specialized skills, internal alignment and a candidate’s home base. Base salary is just one component of Vimeo’s total rewards philosophy. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that appeal to the variety of needs across our diverse employee base! Other rewards may include bonus or commission, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), paid time off, generous 401k match, wellbeing resources, and more.
Vimeo (NASDAQ:VMEO) is the world’s most innovative video experience platform. We enable anyone to create high-quality video experiences to connect better and bring ideas to life. We proudly serve our growing community of nearly 300 million users — from creative storytellers to globally distributed teams at the world’s largest companies. Learn more at www.vimeo.com.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity, and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.