Sr. Manager, Social Media
Vimeo is looking for a strategic social media leader to join our growing communications team, responsible for Vimeo’s brand building activities on key social platforms including Linkedin, Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok. You will be lead envisioning and producing breakthrough strategies, editorial plans, and video-first content. This is a unique opportunity to build the brand of a loved video company and help bring it into its next phase of awareness and growth at scale.
You will be leader on the Brand & Communications team, reporting to the VP of Corporate Marketing. You’ll be a great fit for the role if you’re a seasoned social media executive with a track record of inspiring teams, pushing creative and original ideas, growing audience affinity, and breathing life into words and messages through video.
What you’ll do:
- Build and execute on the social media and influencer strategy with detail towards channel-specific look and feel, voice and tone, globally.
- Develop an editorial strategy that aligns with our key audiences and brand goals across social platforms, optimizing for cultural relevance while balancing support of business and product initiatives.
- Create and manage an editorial calendar and work with our internal teams to generate partnership and collaborative content opportunities.
- Manage the daily creation, publishing, and posting of content across all platforms including LinkedIn, Instagram, X, and TikTok.
- Push the team to experiment with new content formats while hitting measurement goals
- Partner with marketing (content and demand generation), customer support, People, and other functions to create positive engagement and community management with existing customers, communities, and influencers in support of the Vimeo brand
- Enable employees to amplify Vimeo’s initiatives across social platforms
- Take a global mindset in our planning, content development, and enablement
- Support senior leaders in developing and operationalizing an individual social media presence
- Develop and maintain social media monitoring and community management, working closely with customer service to effectively manage community and customer engagement and response
- Manage day-to-day operations, goal setting, career development, performance management, and growth of team member
Skills & Experience:
- 7+ years of social media and/or branding/marketing experience; both B2B and B2C tech industry a plus
- A mix of in-house and agency experience
- A proven track record of successfully crafting and executing creative online strategies and growing social media channels
- Strong creative eye for content development
- Ability to lean into and embrace video-first content; plus if you can get in front of the camera yourself
- A passion for social media, with a strong ability to stay on top of the latest content and trends that go viral along with the discipline to test, learn, adopt and experiment to keep up with the ever changing social media landscape
- Ability to connect the dots between consumer storytelling techniques and engaging business audiences
- Possesses strong writing and video creation skills
- Able to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Proven analytical and creative skills
- Strong knowledge of other elements of marketing and communications (e.g., paid media, media relations)
- Has a hunger for culture and is ahead of the curve on social media trends and conversations
- Knowledgeable on the interplay between organic and paid social efforts
Targeted Base Salary Range: $111,000.00 to be $169,500.00
The base salary range listed above is for candidates located in the U.S., including the New York City metro area.
At Vimeo, we strive to hire and nurture amazing talent across the globe. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to experience, specialized skills, internal alignment and a candidate’s home base. Base salary is just one component of Vimeo’s total rewards philosophy. We offer a wide range of benefits and perks that appeal to the variety of needs across our diverse employee base! Other rewards may include bonus or commission, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), paid time off, generous 401k match, wellbeing resources, and more.
Vimeo (NASDAQ:VMEO) is the world’s most innovative video experience platform. We enable anyone to create high-quality video experiences to connect better and bring ideas to life. We proudly serve our growing community of nearly 300 million users — from creative storytellers to globally distributed teams at the world’s largest companies. Learn more at www.vimeo.com.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity, and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.