Senior Accountant, Fixed Assets
We’re searching for an experienced Senior Accountant, Fixed Assets to join our growing Accounting team. The person in this role will be responsible for implementing best-practice policies and procedures to ensure the accurate and timely accounting for our rapidly expanding Company. Our ideal candidate is a hands-on—not to mention disciplined and detail-oriented—self-starter with an eye for process improvement and a knack for working independently in a high-volume environment. Sound like you? Keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Own essential fixed asset account reconciliations including managing the fixed asset subledger and associated reconciliations as well as external software reconciliations
- Book and review journal entries as an essential member of the monthly close process
- Manage the capitalized software process end to end while working cross functionally with our Technology, Engineering, Payroll and Accounts Payable teams
- Support fixed asset related SOX controls
- Respond to audit and interdepartmental requests or questions related to new store openings, existing assets and internally developed software
- Support long-term accounting projects that will help enhance monitoring and efficiency capabilities and grow our business
- Provide ad-hoc analysis for the finance team and senior management
- Review and analyze monthly operating expense activity for stores and new store openings
Who you are:
- Backed by 3+ years of general accounting experience with retail experience as a plus
- The proud owner of a Bachelor of Science in accounting or finance
- A total Excel expert (keyboard shortcuts are your love language)
- Eager to work in a fast-paced environment
- Consistently looking for new and innovative ways to work
- Super serious about your work (without taking yourself too seriously)
- A highly collaborative and communicative team player and self-starter willing to roll up your sleeves and get the job done
- Highly organized and detail-oriented (improving and documenting processes is your bread and butter)
- A dexterous multitasker who can prioritize several projects without losing focus
- Ready to offer support whenever needed
- Positive, kind, and excited by a challenge
- Oracle Cloud experience
- Knowledge of Excel and Google Suite Applications
- Familiarity with monthly close procedures including generating journal entries and reviewing balance sheet reconciliations
- A CPA (or looking to be one very soon!)
Some benefits of working at Warby Parker for full-time employees:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Short-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Bereavement Support
- Optical Education Reimbursement
- Free eyewear
- And more (just ask!)
Warby Parker requires all newly hired in-person or hybrid employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. Warby Parker is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation, as necessary with federal, state, or local law, to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated.
Warby Parker, in good faith, believes that the posted salary range is accurate for this role in New York City at the time of posting. Warby Parker may pay more or less than the posted range based on factors such as relevant experience and skills, qualifications and location, among others. This range may be modified in the future. In addition to base salary, this role is also eligible to receive a cash bonus and an equity bonus as part of the total compensation package. Details and eligibility will be discussed during the application process.
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We're constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact, and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale while doing good in the world, without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything you need for happier eyes at a price that leaves you with money in your pocket, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests, and you can meet us online, at our stores, or even in your home. Wherever and whenever you need it, we’re there to make exceptional vision care simple and accessible. (Delightful, too.)
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program.