Warby Parker is on the lookout for an experienced Design Director with that magic mix of strategic creative thinking skills, design leadership, and hands-on execution chops. In this role, you’ll work closely with all creative partners to support design needs from every department across the company. Using your keen eye for detail and exceptional organizational skills, you’ll make sure all internal and external communications drive brand awareness and sales while our vision stays consistent, no matter the platform or campaign.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and manage the design team and its projects: Set clear design goals and deliverables, provide direct feedback to keep projects moving
- Concept, ideate, and execute design projects across all platforms and assets.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team, including art directors, copywriters, store design, and all partners within the Brand Management team
- Help lead and shape the Warby Parker brand and champion the value of design within and across the company, mentoring the team to produce inspiring, provocative, and disruptive results
- Brainstorm new ways to express the brand through design and to innovate across channels through animation, illustration, site design, templates, and typography
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, keeping creative files organized and accessible to the wider team
- Keep your eyes on consistency across all projects and platforms, following brand guidelines and creating a cohesive experience across all touchpoints
- Maintain positive work environment with high creative standards
- Use Adobe Suite, standard industry software, and a conceptual understanding of web technologies
Who you are:
- Backed by 10+ years of relevant professional design experience
- Steeped in design, fashion, editorial, film, technology, and retail trends, and well aware of visual history and classical references
- A go-getter who’s able to adapt when problem solving and meeting deadlines
- A respectful communicator and collaborator when working with internal or external stakeholders
- Ability to lead and influence a team
Some benefits of working at Warby Parker for full-time employees:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Short-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Bereavement Support
- Optical Education Reimbursement
- Free eyewear
- And more (just ask!)
Warby Parker requires all newly hired in-person or hybrid employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. Warby Parker is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation, as necessary with federal, state, or local law, to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated.
Warby Parker, in good faith, believes that the posted salary range is accurate for this role in New York City at the time of posting. Warby Parker may pay more or less than the posted range based on factors such as relevant experience and skills, qualifications and location, among others. This range may be modified in the future. In addition to base salary, this role is also eligible to receive a cash bonus and an equity bonus as part of the total compensation package. Details and eligibility will be discussed during the application process.
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We're constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact, and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale while doing good in the world, without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything you need for happier eyes at a price that leaves you with money in your pocket, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests, and you can meet us online, at our stores, or even in your home. Wherever and whenever you need it, we’re there to make exceptional vision care simple and accessible. (Delightful, too.)
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program.