Security Software Engineer - Detection Engineering
Come join the company that is reinventing cloud security and empowering businesses to thrive in the cloud. As the fastest-growing startup ever, Wiz is on a mission to help organizations secure cloud environments that will accelerate their businesses. Trusted by security teams all over the world, we have a proven track record of success and a culture that values world-class talent.
Our Wizards from over 13 countries work together to protect the infrastructure of our hundreds of customers, including over 35% of the Fortune 100, who trust us to scan and secure over 230 billion files daily. We’re the leading player in a massive and growing market, but it’s still early enough for you to make a significant impact. At Wiz, you’ll have the freedom to think creatively, dream big, and use your full range of skills to contribute to our record growth. Come join our team and help us create secure cloud environments that allow the best companies to move faster.
We're seeking a Security Software Engineer that can provide Wiz employees with a secure-by-design experience, ensuring they can be productive while protecting both our company and our customers. In this role, you will help lead the programs where we are leveraging different sources of information for detecting, responding and investigating incidents and working with our software and production engineering teams to develop scalable systems to automate detection and remediation.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Identify relevant security telemetry sources and configure them for ingestion into security data lake and detection pipeline
- Develop, test, tune, and maintain high fidelity detections as code
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipeline for detection code
- Plan, develop, and maintain supporting code libraries to enrich security telemetry as it traverses the detection pipeline
- Perform code reviews for others working on the detection pipeline
- Investigate security incidents to help determine and remediate root causes
- Review, recommend, and implement changes to harden corporate systems and SaaS applications
- Participate in on-call rotation for handling daily security operations tasks
- Collaborate and build relationships with multiple teams throughout Wiz including IT, software engineering, and DevOps
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- 5+ years of security engineering experience with 2+ years focused on detection and/or incident response
- Experience writing and tuning detections as code with unit testing
- Extensive experience with Github, Gitlab and CI/CD technologies
- Experience building integrations using REST or GraphQL APIs
- Experience with Pub/Sub, Kafka and / or log streaming
- Understanding of modern attack patterns and threat landscape
- Experience identifying attacker tactics, techniques and procedures
- Experience in intrusion detection, security investigations, and incident response
- Experience developing incident response playbooks for specific threat scenarios
- Experience using threat intelligence to proactively and iteratively find suspicious activities in available security telemetry
- Broad knowledge of the security domain, as well as deep focus in one or more areas such as logging and event processing, incident management, and detection and/or response tool development
- Expertise in EDR, email security, and securing SaaS applications
- History of collaborating across teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field and / or candidates with equivalent job experience in lieu of a degree
- Experience working with remote, globally distributed teams
- Experience working in organizations that develop software and / or operate managed infrastructure and technology services for their own customers
- Experience working in organizations that develop and operate Software as a Service
If your experience is close but doesn’t fulfill all requirements, please apply. Wiz is on a mission to build a special company. To achieve our goal, we are focused on hiring Wizards with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
Wiz is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.