Area Vice President, Sales
Come join the company that is reinventing cloud security and empowering businesses to thrive in the cloud. As the fastest-growing startup ever, Wiz is on a mission to help organizations secure cloud environments that will accelerate their businesses. Trusted by security teams all over the world, we have a proven track record of success and a culture that values world-class talent.
Our Wizards from over 13 countries work together to protect the infrastructure of our hundreds of customers, including over 35% of the Fortune 100, who trust us to scan and secure over 230 billion files daily. We’re the leading player in a massive and growing market, but it’s still early enough for you to make a significant impact. At Wiz, you’ll have the freedom to think creatively, dream big, and use your full range of skills to contribute to our record growth. Come join our team and help us create secure cloud environments that allow the best companies to move faster.
We are seeking an exceptional, growth-minded sales leader to join our team as an Area Vice President of Sales. The Area Vice President of Sales will define market tactics to meet annual business goals. They will establish and lead a cross-functional team of experienced sales leaders and account executives in growing a productive and sustainable sales pipeline across the territory. This person will help transform and integrate all GTM functions, evolving an already world-class field operation, while achieving significant revenue growth annually. In addition to requisite passion, skills, and experience, the successful candidate will have a measurable track record in building and managing large, high-performing sales organizations. This individual will play a key role in driving a significant share of revenue for Wiz.
The right candidate must have the ability to develop and implement an effective go-to-market plan aligned with Wiz overall strategy, act as the Wiz spokesperson in the region, and be the executive sponsor for key customers and partner relationships. The successful candidate is an inspiring leader of people who can recruit and retain exceptional sales talent, support the team in delivering on the agreed metrics, and work alongside the team to exceed the targets.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Attract, recruit, hire, and mentor the sales leadership team.
- Manage a team of Strategic front-line leaders and partner closely with other cross-functional teams (SEs, PS, Channel/Alliances team, Legal, Desk Desk, Enablement, etc.).
- Lead by example, set expectations, follow through effectively to provide coaching and mentorship as needed, and ensure that managers do the same for their team.
- Be accountable for consistently delivering and overachieving against targets – ensuring Wiz goals, and objectives are achieved consistently and sustainably.
- Analyze data and dynamics to maximize existing successes and create new sales growth opportunities
- Be the subject matter expert for the regional accounts and industries
- Deliver accurate forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual targets for assigned regions; establish and manage data and supporting metrics (pipeline coverage, ASP, etc.)
- Unearth customer insights, define the value proposition and determine appropriate sales and marketing strategy to maximize growth objectives.
- Ensure the best utilization of supporting resources jointly with the sales management team. Develop and maintain relevant senior-level contacts within the partner eco-system.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- 10+ years’ experience building and running high impact sales teams in the software industry
- 3+ years’ experience as a second-line sales leader
- Previously led a $20M+ (minimum) ARR sales organization with 50%+ growth
- Relevant software industry experience in any of the following: IT systems, cloud enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, business applications and/or analytics. Subscription, SaaS, or Cloud software experience.
- History of consistently meeting/exceeding targets and objectives personally and as a leader.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills; ability to build strong business partnerships both outside, and within the organization.
- Skilled at business planning and diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate solutions.
- Highly professional persona and polished demeanor. Strong verbal and written communication skills; effective at delivering executive-level presentations.
- Mastery of consultative selling methodologies like MEDDICC and Value Selling.
If your experience is close but doesn’t fulfill all requirements, please apply. Wiz is on a mission to build a special company. To achieve our goal, we are focused on hiring Wizards with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
Wiz is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.