Facilities & Equipment Maintenance Technician
About the role
The Facilities and Equipment Maintenance Technician will be responsible for ensuring all Wonder restaurant equipment and facilities are fully functional. Scope will include repairs and maintenance of kitchen equipment, HVAC, refrigeration, and plumbing systems. This candidate is to assist the day-to-day operations and upkeep of locations in the region assigned.
- Carry out repairs and maintenance assigned by manager
- Verify repairs are completed correctly and to company standards
- Maintenance of building systems HVAC/Plumbing/Electrical
- Maintenance of kitchen equipment
- Light fabrication, sheet metal or non structural brackets
- Troubleshooting 12VDC, 120V and 240V AC circuits
- Perform all tasks in a safe efficient manner in compliance with safety rules and regulations.
- Utilize BMS software to track issues and keep detailed records of all maintenance history.
- Assist in identifying spare parts required for repairs
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all HDR and related facilities.
- Adherence to company policies , values, and any or all local and or federal regulations pertaining work to performed
- Perform other duties within ability assigned by management
- Pay Rate: $32/hour
- Job location: Manhattan, NYC and multiple NYC locations
- Full Time with benefits, potential early morning starts, and schedules may vary
- High school education or equivalent – trade school or vocational school a plus
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in appliance repair or related mechanical skilled trades
- Strong mechanical skills
- Knowledge of plumbing, HVAC and Refrigeration systems
- Section 608 license a bonus
- Experience with AC and DC electrical systems
- Strong electrical troubleshooting skills
- Welding experience a bonus
- Valid driver’s license required
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and able to multitask
- Clean driving record with minimal points/violations
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal relations, communication, active listening, and analytical skill
- Must be at least 18 years old and legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Medical, dental, vision
- Health savings account with employer match
- 100% employer paid life insurance
- 2x pay if you work on holidays
- Learning and development opportunities to advance your career
- Employee stock options
Note: Some of our benefits vary by state and depend on the number of hours you work.
Imagine: Within the tap of a button, a perfectly prepared meal from your choice of cuisines appears at your doorstep in minutes. That’s what our customers experience.
At Wonder, we believe everyone has the right to great food. That’s why we’ve created the next generation of restaurant chains powered by an advanced mobile platform that lets our customers experience the world’s most delicious food—anytime, anywhere. We partner with world-renowned chefs to craft exclusive menus and bring their unique recipes right to you on our mobile restaurants.
As a food-tech startup backed by top-tier venture capitalists and led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs—including some of the most accomplished leaders in the technology, culinary, and logistics industries—we’re growing fast. Join us in pioneering a future that approaches food equitably, sustainably, and thoughtfully. You’ll work in a supportive and collaborative environment where our culture and our values—Mastery, Compassion, and Courage—are taken as seriously as delivering an incredible experience for our customers.
An AEDT (Automated Employment Decision Tool) is employed in the assessment of applicants for the positions being recruited for in order to gauge the following pertinent qualifications or traits:
- The candidate’s ability to perform the tasks in the available job role.
- The candidate's self-rated skill proficiency.
- The candidate’s fit for this job posting.
A final note
At Wonder, we believe that in order to build the best team, we must hire using an objective lens. We are committed to fair hiring practices where we hire people for their potential and advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion. As such, we do not discriminate or make decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability, please let your recruiter know how we can make your interview process work best for you.
We look forward to hearing from you! We'll contact you via email or text to schedule interviews and share information about your candidacy.