Data Center Facilities Technician - LaVista, NE (on-site)
A LITTLE ABOUT US
It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of 1 billion. Our mission is to make the world’s daily habits inspiring and entertaining, and nearly half of Yahoo’s employees are building the code and platforms that make this possible. Whether you’re looking to write code for mobile applications, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process 4 trillion data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business—and the world.
Yahoo’s Data Center Operations team includes a group of highly skilled and dedicated Data Center Facilities Engineers that perform all electrical and mechanical operations and maintenance activities. Our primary goal is the operation and maintenance of one of the greenest, most efficient data centers in the world. We need a team of highly skilled Facilities Engineers to manage the robust and diverse infrastructure and keep it all online 24x7x365.
A LOT ABOUT YOU
We’re looking for a world-class, dedicated, and proactive Facilities Technician to join our team at our La Vista, NE data center. You will be a key contributor on all things related to data center building operations. This includes cooling systems, all electrical distribution systems, fire/life safety systems, and auxiliary systems. You will be directly responsible for managing vendor relationships that support these systems for maintenance and repairs.
We look for strong technical skills, dependability, and sense of ownership over the work you do. Previous experience working as a refrigeration mechanic HVAC or electrician in an industrial maintenance environment is required. This full-time position will be required to work nights and weekends.
- Operate all data center facility equipment according to documented procedures. Safe work practices is a must.
- Schedule and oversee periodic inspections and routines of all data center equipment
- Analyze and resolve mechanical and electrical problems within the data center
- Supervise subcontractors and ensure all necessary preventative maintenance and emergency repairs are scheduled and performed
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly inspections and maintenance of infrastructure supporting data center operations
- Manage work orders and equipment history via Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Monitor data center facilities operations via the Building Management System (BMS)
- Respond to facilities emergencies as required
YOU MUST HAVE
- Demonstrated experience with critical HVAC or industrial electrical systems
- Demonstrated ability to perform maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting of critical HVAC or industrial electrical systems
- Perform all physical duties as required. This includes working on a ladder and under raised floors.
- The ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The ability to use a computer and smartphone to complete work and respond to alarms
- The ability to use office software.
- The ability to work with a variety of people to complete work tasks and projects.
IDEAL CANDIDATES HAVE
- For electricians, a valid state license
- Experience with emergency generators and UPS systems
- Working knowledge of building control and fire detection/suppression systems
- Experience supervising subcontractors
- Experience using a Building Management System (BMS)
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.The compensation for this position ranges from $56,250.00 - $117,500.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.