Engineering Manager, Content Engagement
We are looking for a highly motivated Engineering Manager who will lead our content engagement squad, responsible for delivering all aspects of our content experience, including original editorial content, personal finance, financial news and embedded content across Yahoo Finance experiences. The ideal candidate will implement best practices in agile, continuous integration, and delivery to help the teams achieve high performance and unblock them when problems arise. The Engineering Manager will also be responsible for team members' career growth and development while contributing technically to architecture, design, and implementation. Technical and management/organizational skills are equally valued for this role — this is a hands-on role and you will be expected to split your time between people management/organizational responsibilities and contributing technically.
- Engage, attract, and retain top talent
- Provide project and technical leadership to engineers in a fast-paced environment
- Drive technical excellence and implementation of best engineering practices
- Enforce design review, continuous integration and deployment
- Coordinate with partner teams when required, help unblock teams and resolve issues across teams
- Lead hands-on implementation work to keep current with technology trends inside and outside Yahoo
- BS degree in Computer Science with 10+ years of hands-on experience in delivering large-scale web applications, 4 years of team management experience
- Understanding of large-scale web applications (clustering, scalability, caching, performance tuning)
- Understanding of agile methodologies like Scrum, Kanban, and agile engineering practices like Test-Driven Development, Continuous integration, and other Extreme programming practices
- Proficient in a Unix/Linux environment, HTTP, Web services, and Restful API
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.The compensation for this position ranges from $128,250.00 - $266,875.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.