Software Engineer II
We are looking for a highly motivated full-time Software Engineer who will join our content engagement squad, helping deliver all aspects of our content experience across Yahoo Finance. The content engagement squad is responsible for article content render, ad tech, video player management, widgets and tools integration, and linking dozens of disparate systems to create a single consumer experience. The squad is hyper focused on maintaining best-in-class technical performance, focusing on core web vitals, paint times, latency and dozens of other metrics that we use as benchmarks. The ideal candidate will be able to contribute to both frontend and backend codebases, and should have an interest in adjacent systems and tools such as deployment pipelines and k8s.
- Build and deliver high-quality, performant frontend and backend code across content codebases and applications (Svelte / React / nodes)
- Collaborate with user experience designers, product managers, and other engineers to deliver new features, enhancements, platform improvements and bug fixes
- Collaborate with other engineers to write testable, reliable code, continuously deploying to production systems
- Participate in design reviews, code reviews and product development
- Contribute to the career development of junior engineers, using methodologies like pair programming to up-level and teach
- Deploy, monitor and operate large scale production systems distributed across the globe
- Analyze and optimize application/platform code and/or APIs for efficiency and performance
- Lead hands-on implementation work to keep current with technology trends inside and outside Yahoo
- BS degree in Computer Science with 4+ years of hands-on experience in delivering large-scale web applications
- Understanding of large-scale web applications (clustering, scalability, caching, performance tuning)
- Understanding of agile methodologies like Scrum, Kanban, and agile engineering practices like Test-Driven Development, Continuous integration, and other Extreme programming practices
- Proficient in a Unix/Linux environment, HTTP, Web services, and Restful API
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.The compensation for this position ranges from $111,000.00 - $231,250.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.