Senior Manager, Compensation
Yext (NYSE: YEXT) helps organizations build digital experiences across any channel on our open and composable platform. The Yext Digital Experience Platform collects and organizes content to deliver AI-led experiences for any organization’s customers, employees, or partners. For more than 15 years, thousands of companies worldwide have trusted Yext to create seamless customer experiences at scale across search engines, websites, mobile apps, and hundreds of other digital touchpoints. Learn more at yext.com.
The Senior Manager, Global Compensation is a key strategic role responsible for crafting, implementing, and managing the compensation programs and plans across Yext’s global workforce. This position plays a meaningful role in attracting, retaining, and motivating top talent by ensuring that the compensation structures are competitive, equitable, and aligned with the company's strategic objectives and industry standards.
What You'll Do
Compensation Strategy and Planning:
- Build and maintain a global compensation strategy that aligns with the organization's overall business goals and values.
- Collaborate with senior and executive leadership to understand and address compensation needs, trends, and challenges.
- Craft and implement compensation programs that drive employee engagement, performance, and retention.
Market Analysis and Benchmarking:
- Conduct regular market analysis to evaluate the competitiveness of the organization's compensation offerings across different geographies and industries.
- Benchmark job roles against industry standards and adjust compensation ranges as necessary to attract and retain top talent.
- Gather, analyze, and interpret compensation data to identify trends, gaps, and opportunities for improvement.
- Generate reports and dashboards for senior management, providing insights into compensation-related metrics as needed.
Job Evaluation and Classification:
- Lead job evaluation processes to accurately assess the relative value of different roles within the organization.
- Develop job classification and leveling frameworks to ensure consistency and fairness in compensation decisions.
Incentive and Bonus Programs:
- Design global incentive and bonus programs that empower employees to achieve individual and company-wide objectives.
- Assess the efficiency of these programs and recommend adjustments as needed.
- Develop and deliver clear and effective communication materials to educate employees about the organization's compensation philosophy, programs, and opportunities.
- Address employee inquiries and concerns related to compensation in a timely and professional manner.
- Stay current with global compensation laws and regulations to maintain compliance in all regions where the organization operates.
- Partner with legal, audit, and compliance teams to ensure that compensation practices meet legal requirements.
What You Have
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Finance, or related field (Master's degree a plus but not required).
- 10+ years of progressive experience in global compensation management, with a proven background in global compensation practices. (Experience with executive compensation a plus)
- In-depth knowledge of compensation principles, market trends, and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex data and translate it into practical insights.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and collaborate with cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- Experience using compensation survey data to drive insights and analysis (Experience with Aon/Radford a plus)
- Proficiency in using compensation software and tools, as well as advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and data analysis tools. (Experience with Workday and Salary.com/CompAnalyst a plus)
- Relevant certifications such as Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or Global Remuneration Professional (GRP) are a plus.
The base salary at the time of hire for this position is expected to be between $129,500 - $194,500. Pay ranges at Yext are established based on an analysis of salaries for positions with a similar level of accountability and impact in the relevant labor market. Salary levels are expected to change to reflect an employee’s job performance (results and impact) over time. Salaries at the time of hire are typically offered in the lower to middle of the above-referenced range in order to provide the opportunity to reflect performance-based increases over time. In addition to base salaries, employees at Yext are typically eligible for a comprehensive package of benefits, and successful candidates may also be eligible for equity (stock) based compensation and/or variable pay programs based on performance relative to goals and targets.
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. It is Yext’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities as required by law. If you have a disability that requires an accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.