Business Development Executive
We analyze billions of data points every day to provide accurate, detailed insights on ridesharing, e-commerce marketplaces, payments and more. Our on-demand insights team uses proprietary technology to identify, license, clean and analyze the data many of the world’s largest investment funds and corporations depend on.
We are one of Inc’s Best Workplaces - a fast-growing technology company with offices located in NYC (where we are based in), Hong Kong, and Shanghai, backed by Norwest Venture Partners and The Carlyle Group with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and transparency.
About The Role (and Challenges You’ll Be Helping To Solve!):
We are looking to add an experienced Business Development Executive to our team who will act as a main growth driver to position YipitData's must-have products within our base of active clients.
As a Business Development Executive, you will be responsible for effectively managing the commercial relationship with current clients, developing rapport with key decision makers, identifying upsell opportunities, running the sales process from the beginning to the end, and negotiating enterprise agreements. You will create advocates for our products and constantly assist clients in finding answers to their key questions by collaborating closely with our client strategy, research, and data product teams.
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in subscription sales in a fast-paced environment with a short sales-cycle
- You have a track record of not only meeting, but exceeding sales goals
- You have successfully introduced a complex product (financial preferred but not required) to new customers
- You have negotiated large and complex agreements
- You are a team player and are motivated by the company’s success, not just your own
- You are excited about the integration of data and financial analysis
- With a high EQ, you are sensitive to clients’ needs and quickly develop warm client relationships
- You are resourceful, resilient, and have strong oral and written communication - including great questioning - skills
Meet Your Team:
- Check out this video to learn why our Revenue team members love being part of YipitData!
What We Offer:
Our compensation package includes comprehensive benefits and perks, equity, and a competitive salary:
- We care about your personal life and we mean it. We offer flexible work hours, open vacation policy, a generous 401K match, parental leave, team events, a wellness and work-from-home budget, learning reimbursement, and more!
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you make, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to self-improve and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- The annual on-target earnings ($100K base salary + variable commission earned at 100% of quota) for the Business Development Executive role is anticipated to be ~$250K (uncapped). The annual on-target earnings ($120K base salary + variable commission earned at 100% of quota) for Senior Business Development Executive role is anticipated to be up to $270K. The final offer may be determined by a number of factors, including, but not limited to, the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal team benchmarks. The compensation package also includes equity.
This role may be performed fully remotely within the United States. Please note that our US headquarters are located in NYC. We also have office hubs in Austin, Miami, Denver, Mountain View, and Seattle. If the remote work is performed outside of these offices, income may be subject to New York State tax withholding.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.