Senior Operations Specialist
About the teamThe Team: The Rentals Support Team is obsessed with revolutionizing the way renters find their new home. The team brings rentals initiatives to life and keeps them generating revenue. We operate in a strong team oriented environment, and while we have individual goals, we work together to provide consistent high quality BEST client experience in the industry. We roll up our sleeves, dig in and get work done. We are a dedicated team working together to create and launch innovative products and services at a rapid pace. As we continue to grow, we need your expertise! We are seeking an Operations Specialist with a strong background in customer service improvement, data analysis, process improvement, product readiness management, and product support.
The Department: Zillow has streamlined the way people search, tour, apply and pay rent for leased properties. Zillow’s rental listings offer our customers a variety of property types, from s large-scale multifamily complexes, to unique, single family homes. Simultaneously, we provide our valued partners with a complete set of digital tools to help them market their properties, identify prospective tenants, sign a lease and collect payments -- delivering a complete end-to-end online experience.
About the role
The Senior Operations Specialist will balance multiple projects and work within a high-growth, and constantly evolving environment. They will use data to take on business challenges and focus on constantly improving the internal and external partner experience. This hands-on role will lead activities associated with Support Enablement and other Operational programs to drive efficiency, revenue, client satisfaction, and client success. The team member will primarily focus on tasks required to keep our business moving forward when they fall between the normal operations of our Operations, Business Growth, Product Strategy, Engineering, Sales, and Marketing groups. By partnering with these teams, the aim will be to handle the scope and quantify the impact of Support and Operations Programs, thereby influencing improvements to their functionality and delivery. They will also help integrate Rentals manual processes into automated solutions, observe current processes of Rentals to identify changes to increase efficiency, communicate needs to product development teams to put on their backlog and research new ways Rentals support, onboarding, and operations team can better serve the needs of clients.
You Will Get To:
- Define, drive, and implement engagement/enablement of tool utilization as they relate to supported products, prioritizing our Boost and ZLC offerings.
- Continually evaluate solutions and platforms for freshness, quality, business impact and scalability
- Pursue a deep understanding of Zillow Rentals business goals and support strategy and content development in alignment with our partner and prospect journey
- Develop, lead, and collect data that gives to useful insights and recommendations to drive product, brand, and marketing development
- Engage with frontline leadership on an ongoing basis to identify program strengths and development while translating business needs into a measurable outcomes
- Proactively resolve system, product, and process challenges including short term operational solutions
- Perform operations analysis for assigned technologies and projects. Identify deficiencies and areas for improvement and redesign
- Apply statistical analysis, simulations, and predictive modeling to analyze current procedures
- Own reporting of consumers and professionals’ engagement and conversion. Present and explain metrics to executives and other team members
- Work in collaboration with group managers to understand and improve our day-to-day customer-facing operations
- Apply problem-solving skills, with a technical proficiency.
Who you are
- A diligent and technical proficiency: We are looking for a resourceful, savvy person with a phenomenal problem-solving mind
- A quick and flexible learner: We move quickly here (and so does technology), so you should be willing and able to grow and learn with us -
- A collaborative mentality that enjoys working within a team and other departments to find solutions that help our clients to find success with our products
- An understanding and passion for service: We see this role as vital to the success of our organization and are looking for someone enthusiastic about providing excellent support and suggestions to our partners and fellow team members. Solving problems and providing solutions are what we’re all about!
- A high level of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills: You will connect with people with varying degrees of product and technical proficiency.
- A successful candidate will be able to communicate optimally with everyone from a non-technical business owner to a back-end engineer.
- A great teammate: We work as a team while owning individual responsibilities and are looking for someone willing and able to go "above and beyond" when vital... because we will be too!
- Intermediate knowledge of reporting tools and systems (Excel, Tableau, PowerBI, Salesforce, Zendesk, etc)
- 1+ years previous direct or indirect leadership experience in a contact or client services center
Here at Zillow - we value the experience and perspective of candidates with non-traditional backgrounds. We encourage you to apply if you have transferable skills or related experiences.
Get to know us
Zillow is reimagining real estate to make home a reality for more and more people.
As the most-visited real estate website in the United States, Zillow® and its affiliates help movers find and win their home through digital solutions, first class partners, and easier buying, selling, financing and renting experiences. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help make it easier to move. The work we do helps people get home and no matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making home a reality for more and more people.
Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction are supported by a deep-rooted culture of innovation, our passion to redefine the employee experience, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverages as well as parental leave, family benefits, retirement contributions, and paid time off. We’re also setting the standard for work experiences of the future, where our employees are supported in doing their best work and living a flexible, well-balanced life. But don’t just take our word for it. Read recent reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: the 100 Best Companies to Work For, Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index, Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index, and TIME 100 Most Influential Companies list.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at RecruitingAccessibility@zillowgroup.com.
Applicants who receive job offers from Zillow Group will be asked to sign a Proprietary Rights Agreement which includes confidentiality, intellectual property assignment, customer and employee non-solicitation, and non-competition provisions. If you are contacted for a role at Zillow Group and wish to review a copy of the Proprietary Rights Agreement prior to receiving an offer, you may request a copy from your Recruiter.