Senior Financial Analyst
About the teamZillow Group, Inc. is reimagining real estate to make it easier to unlock life’s next chapter. As the most visited real estate website in the United States, Zillow and its affiliates help high-intent movers find and win their home through digital solutions, first class partners and easier buying, selling, financing and renting experiences. The FP&A (financial planning & analysis) team is on the front line of Zillow Group’s highest priority critical initiatives and works on some of the company’s most visible projects. This role not only offers excellent exposure but also the chance to collaborate with different groups across our company. Join a dynamic team that helps drive the company towards its goals, with an abundance of growth opportunities along the way.
About the role
Zillow Group is looking for an experienced Senior Financial Analyst to join the Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis team! In this role you’ll build and drive financial insight, rigor, and efficiency on our growing FP&A team; partnering with senior leadership across shared services teams including HR, Legal, Facilities, and Finance. This highly visible role requires a personable, proactive, and analytical candidate with a proven track record of fostering relationships across functions and levels, allowing for the opportunity to influence business leaders on a regular basis.
You Will Get To:
- Partner closely with business team members and senior leaders to ensure we are making the right decisions today for sustainable, thoughtful, and efficient growth.
- Build and maintain processes to analyze business results and trends; provide analytical support and relevant insight to senior leadership.
- Drive the monthly expense forecasting and annual operating plan processes for supported teams; ensuring alignment of these groups across the varying needs of the businesses they support is critical.
- Own headcount planning and management for each supported team within our Anaplan planning tool.
- Prepare financial analyses to support critical initiatives, investment and cost reduction opportunities.
- Deliver insights based on operational input metrics such as gearing ratios, return on investment, and other operational key performance indicators.
- Identify and lead initiatives to continuously improve, automate, and scale forecasting and reporting tools, processes, and methodologies.
- Facilitate strategic decision making through positive relationships with internal business partners. Continuously identify and recommend areas to improve efficiency to leadership and peers
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in financial analysis, preferably in an expense management position
- Expert in Microsoft Excel with strong analytical and quantitative skills and extensive experience building sophisticated financial models
- Experience with SQL and Tableau
- Ability to cultivate relationships, earn trust, and build rapport with business partners
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex financial information to non-financial collaborators
- Knowledge of GAAP to incorporate accounting treatment into forecast projections and financial results
- A self-starter, who is able to think quickly and react to a changing business environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines
- Intensely curious; always peeling back the next layer of the onion to reveal the underlying truths
Preferred, but not required
- Additional desired software and technical experience including Anaplan & Workday
- Public company experience
- Master's degree in finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field.
- Knowledge of marketing metrics and key performance indicators
Get to know us
Zillow is reimagining real estate to make home a reality for more and more people.
As the most-visited real estate website in the United States, Zillow® and its affiliates help movers find and win their home through digital solutions, first class partners, and easier buying, selling, financing and renting experiences. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help make it easier to move. The work we do helps people get home and no matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making home a reality for more and more people.
Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction are supported by a deep-rooted culture of innovation, our passion to redefine the employee experience, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverages as well as parental leave, family benefits, retirement contributions, and paid time off. We’re also setting the standard for work experiences of the future, where our employees are supported in doing their best work and living a flexible, well-balanced life. But don’t just take our word for it. Read recent reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: the 100 Best Companies to Work For, Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index, Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index, and TIME 100 Most Influential Companies list.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at RecruitingAccessibility@zillowgroup.com.
Applicants who receive job offers from Zillow Group will be asked to sign a Proprietary Rights Agreement which includes confidentiality, intellectual property assignment, customer and employee non-solicitation, and non-competition provisions. If you are contacted for a role at Zillow Group and wish to review a copy of the Proprietary Rights Agreement prior to receiving an offer, you may request a copy from your Recruiter.