Business Development & Sales (NYC)
ZZ Driggs (https://zzdriggs.com) is an award-winning Certified B Corporation reimagining how we furnish our world for a new economy and a more sustainable future.
ZZ ia trusted and award-winning tech-enabled furniture & design solution, with product market fit across across the real estate industry and other enterprise verticals. We offer high quality sustainable furnishings and streamlined interior design services on-demand for discerning clients, all handled with a Michelin-grade client experience and powered by our proprietary tech platform.
We are the only Certified B Corp in the industry, delivering & installing exceptional furniture, art, and decor into residential & commercial properties across the country. We work with top clients like Compass, Corcoran, Tishman Speyer, Rockefeller Center, IBM, Virgin, Microsoft, Lululemon, Rent the Runway, and more. (Even Netflix, HBO, and Disney rent furniture from ZZ for film productions!)
ZZ is the winner of Fast Company's Innovation by Design Award, Dezeen's Website of the Year, and a four-time Webby Award honoree. We have been lauded in the press by Vogue, Architectural Digest, WSJ, Washington Post, Forbes, Fast Company, Domino, and more.
Our team is a dedicated, intelligent, creative, hard-working, jovial, caring, and resilient group of professionals with expertise across brands and startups large and small. We maintain a relentless commitment to our company culture, mission alignment, revenue orientation, and operational efficiency.
We are thrilled about the team we’ve built and continue to expand, the prestigious clients we’ve had the opportunity to work with, the positive reception from the industry thus far, our best-in-class community of investors, and the many fascinating and inspiring opportunities that lie ahead.
ZZ Driggs is seeking a Business Development & Sales leader to join our enterprise team and drive B2B revenue growth and new business, with a focus on the real estate industry. The role includes lead generation & qualification; developing, negotiating, and closing deals; expanding existing accounts to drive repeat business; and collaborating with our team to ensure success.
The ideal candidate will bring energy, creativity, accountability, hustle, charisma, and proven business instincts to the company. Ever cognizant of the big picture but always willing to roll up their sleeves and “do the work” with a positive and solution-oriented attitude, the ideal candidate is nimble with a bias towards action. They enjoy winning deals and solving clients' problems. They are well-versed operating in a startup environment, they pitch in wherever neeeded, and they leave their ego at the door for the sake of a greater mission.
With excellent performance and commitment to the mission and team, this role offers meaningful long-term potential for career growth, salary increases, performance-based cash bonuses, and equity upside. The role also offers the opportunity for leadership development and career advancement in distinguished and desirable ways.
This position at ZZ Driggs represents a singular opportunity to transform people's lives, reimagine an antiquated industry for a more sustainable future, and dramatically change how the world produces, discovers, accesses, finances, and utilizes furniture and design.
- Bring in new business, expand accounts with repeat clients, win deals, grow revenues, and expand our client base
- Manage, nurture, and grow a pipeline of enterprise clients, with a focus on the real estate industry, including developers, owners, property managers, real estate brokers, and more
- Source, qualify, and develop, and close new business (and develop an ongoing flow of new qualified leads)
- Build relationships with enterprise clients; understand their unique needs, challenges, and objectives; and develop creative ways to do win deals and dobusiness together that will serve both ZZ and the client
- Drive the deal-making process and management of your accounts from beginning to end, from initial outreach through proposal and negotiation to contract signing to ensure ongoing client success
- Collaborate with relevant ZZ team members to develop customized proposals, curated product lists, and project budgets
- Work with our product team using client insights on to help improve our product offerings
- Work with our operations team to ensure client’s unique needs are foreseen and met
- Work with our marketing team to develop strategies for consistent lead generation and client awareness in support of our business development goals
- Meet clients on-site at a variety of locations across the NYC region, take meetings IRL and on phone/Zoom, and attend in-person events and conferences when relevant
The Skills — strong candidates will likely have:
- 5-7 years of experience in a business development, sales, SDR, and/or account management role
- Experience and familiarity of working in a fast-paced startup environment with evolving objectives and a growing team
- Knowledge of the real estate industry, especially in working with brokers, agents, developers, property managers, owners, interior designers, architects, office managers, and more
- Familiarity with a variety of client acquisition strategies, including tapping your own network, getting warm introductions, LinkedIn, email, lead gen tools, automation software, and more
- Expertise using a CRM and other pipeline management and project management software tools
- Excellent capabilities in outreach, relationship cultivation, negotiation, deal closing, client management, and project management
- Exceptional communication skills and emotional intelligence, both verbal and written, with the ability to give and receive quality feedback
- Experience using data and quantitative metrics to measure, communicate, and improve effectiveness of business development and sales efforts
- Natural ability to work cross-functionally on important projects with a variety of team members
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities at once and stay focused on end-goals while on a timeline
- A positive, energetic, hard-working, and “can-do” attitude, seeking excellence in themselves and others
- Strong bias for action, solution-oriented mindset, a love of problem-solving, and willingness to take risks (and learn from them!)
This is a full-time role based in NYC with long-term potential growth, working closely with our leadership team and other key personnel.
We offer a very flexible and human-centric hybrid office policy, giving our team the opportunity to both work together in person and work from home as needed, with about 2-3 days per week when the team is in the office together, along with in-person client meetings and site visits.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes salary, equity stock options, best-in-class benefits, unlimited paid time off (including over a month of mandated PTO), health insurance (medical + dental + vision), a flexible 401(k) savings plan, wellness stipend, professional development and education subsidies, annual performance-based bonuses, and more.
At ZZ Driggs, we champion a colorful and diverse workplace and do not discriminate based on race, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or any other underrepresented human qualities. Additionally, we are committed to unbiased employee development and ensure that all aspects of employment at ZZ are based on merit and performance.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and we hope to hear from you soon!
(Please note: Due to the number of applications we tend to receive, we may not be able to respond to every inquiry, but we will be in touch if it makes sense to discuss further.)